The Senate of Canada is seeking qualified candidates for its prestigious Maintenance Person (Heavy Duty) Program. This opportunity is ideal for you if you enjoy maintenance work and are eager to help the Senate run more efficiently. As a Maintenance Person (Heavy Duty), you will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep and repair of the Senate’s heavier equipment and structures.
Maintenance jobs are important in today’s constantly changing job market because they make sure that buildings and other things work well. Ottawa, the capital city of Canada, is a lively place with a lot of chances for people who want to work in maintenance.
Role of a Maintenance Person
Maintenance workers are in charge of checking, fixing, and keeping tools, buildings, and infrastructure in good shape. Their work is very important to keep things from breaking down and to make sure they are safe and work well.
Details of Latest Maintenance Person Jobs in Ottawa
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility requirements and are seeking employment with the Canadian government can apply for the position by submitting an online application on the Senate of Canada’s main recruitment website. After perusing the information regarding the age limit, selection procedure, educational requirements, salary offered, etc.
|Senate of Canada
|Government of Canada Jobs
|Maintenance Person (Heavy Duty)
|Number to be determined
Benefits of Latest Maintenance Person Jobs in Ottawa
- A Range of Duties: Maintenance personnel frequently engage in a variety of duties, including equipment repair and general maintenance. This diversity maintains the job’s appeal and involvement.
- Practical Work: These positions contain hands-on, practical responsibilities that enable individuals to observe the concrete outcomes of their endeavors, which can be gratifying.
- Maintaining Job Stability: Maintenance positions are critical across multiple sectors, offering a level of employment stability because organizations depend on regular maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Skill Enhancement: A diverse set of technical proficiencies, including but not limited to electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, and apparatus repair, can be acquired through employment in maintenance. These skills are applicable across multiple industries.
- Possibilities for Progression: Maintenance personnel have the potential to progress to supervisory or managerial positions in maintenance departments or related industries with additional education and experience.
- Skills for Solving Problems: Engaging in maintenance tasks frequently entails diagnosing and resolving problems with equipment or facilities, thereby refining one’s problem-solving capabilities.
- Employment Demand: Constant demand exists across industries for qualified maintenance personnel, creating employment opportunities in sectors including facilities management, healthcare, manufacturing, and hospitality.
- Adaptability in the workplace: Maintenance personnel may encounter prospects across various work environments, ranging from industrial settings to office structures, which provide them with a variety of work experiences.
- Making an Impact on Functionality: Maintenance personnel contribute to the efficient operation of organizations and businesses by assuring the proper upkeep of equipment and facilities.
- Entrance-Level Prospects: A considerable number of entry-level maintenance positions do not necessitate substantial formal education or prior experience, thereby rendering them readily attainable.
Salary of Latest Maintenance Person Jobs in Ottawa
The Senate of Canada recognizes the significance of your position and is willing to offer you a competitive salary within the allotted budget. This institution offers competitive salaries ranging from $38,270 to $48,438 per year.
Who Can Apply for Maintenance Person Jobs in Ottawa
- High school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training, and related work experience;
- One year of experience in the cleaning of private or public structures;
- Experience safely transporting heavy items such as furniture, equipment, and materials with the proper tools and equipment; experience safely using a variety of cleaning products;
- Utilization of the machines and equipment required to clean buildings, such as automatic floor scrubbers and machines that strip, wax, and burnish floors;
- Capability to use a variety of cleansing products, to dilute them, and to do so safely;
- capable of using cleaning techniques and procedures;
- Capability to utilize stripping, thorough cleaning, floor finishing, polishing, carpet cleaning, and stain removal techniques;
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS);
- A background in a related field, such as general building maintenance, building cleaning, or public building cleaning, would be an asset.
- Having maintenance experience in the legislative sector would be an asset.
How to Apply for Maintenance Person Jobs in Ottawa
- Visit the Official Website: Visit the website of the Canadian Senate to locate the application portal.
- Examine the Specifics of the Program: Make sure you’re a good fit for the Maintenance Person (Heavy Duty) position by reading the program description, duties, and requirements attentively.
- Prepare your application: Modify your resume to highlight your expertise and abilities in maintaining heavy equipment or a related field.
- Verify Eligibility: Examine the program’s eligibility requirements to determine if you meet them, such as having the necessary skills or experience with heavy-duty maintenance.
- Please Submit an Application: Complete the online application form on the Senate of Canada’s website and upload your resume and any other required materials.
- Make sure your entry is submitted before the deadline.
If you have the right skills and mindset, maintenance jobs in Ottawa will be full of exciting possibilities. There are many job opportunities in the city, whether you are just starting or want to move up.
What is a high-maintenance employee?
Bailes describes high-care employees who feel about their knowledge or whose lines can run with them because of their technical ability.
How much do recovery workers earn in Canada?
The average recovery worker’s salary in Canada is $ 40,892 or $ 20.97 per hour. Admission level positions start every year, at 33,150, while most experienced workers are up to 57,381 every year.
Who are the maintenance workers?
Maintenance Workers keep machines running smoothly. They paint floors, fix plumbing issues, and install sinks. They also work with heating systems by installing ventilation filters for odor issues that might arise from time to time.
Steven Anderson is a multifaceted professional, known for his pivotal role as an administrator of a popular career-oriented website. With his extensive knowledge and experience in career counseling and job provision, he has become a trusted figure in the realm of career development.
Steven’s journey into the world of career counseling and job provision began with a strong educational foundation. He completed his Diploma and later earned a Master’s degree in Career Provider Courses from a prestigious institution. These academic achievements laid the groundwork for his career in empowering individuals to achieve their professional aspirations.