Post Office Assistant Jobs in Canada: Consider a fast-paced career with Canada Post if you’re ambitious, talented, and driven. We are currently seeking an on-call Post Office Assistant who will provide counter services with a customer-centric mindset.
The optimal candidate should reside in the neighborhood. As needed, applicants from outside the community where the Post Office is located may be considered.
Details of Post Office Assistant Jobs in Canada:
- Job Requisition ID: 171986
- Business Function: Operations Support
- Primary City: Evansburg
- Province: Alberta
- Employment Type: On Call
- Employment Status: Permanent
- Language Requirement: English Essential
- Employee Class and Level: RVSGD11 – Level 1
- Working Hours: On Call
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary: $18.44/hour
Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit) and individuals with disabilities will be given preference over all other qualified candidates. This is a special measure of the employment equity initiative, and candidates from this category must self-identify in order to be eligible for preferential consideration.
Benefits of Post Office Assistant Jobs in Canada
- Customer Support: Greeting and assisting customers who visit the post office, answering their inquiries, and providing guidance on postal services
- Mail Processing: accepting and processing outgoing mail, including the sale of postage stamps, the weighing of packages, and the determination of postage rates.
- Package Management: receiving, sorting, and distributing incoming packages and parcels, as well as assisting customers with sending shipments via a variety of mailing services.
- Mailing Forms: Assisting clients in completing postal applications and forms, such as customs declarations, address change requests, and mail forwarding requests
- Retail Purchasing: Conducting financial transactions, such as the sale of postage, money orders, and other postal products, while keeping precise records
- Address Authentication: Assisting customers in verifying and correcting their addresses so that mail reaches its intended recipient
- The solution to the issue: If necessary, address customer complaints, resolve issues with lost or damaged mail, and initiate investigations.
- Postal Requirements: Maintaining a current understanding of postal regulations and guidelines in order to provide accurate information and ensure compliance with mailing requirements
- Machine Operation: Utilizing postal equipment, including postage meters, mail scales, and automated package sorting devices
- Maintaining Documents: Keeping track of transactions, sales, and customer interactions, in addition to producing daily cash reports
- The protection of property ensures the security of postal assets, mail, and customer data, including the management of registered and certified mail.
- Multiple tasks: managing multiple tasks proficiently, particularly during busy periods at the post office.
Responsibilities for Post Office Assistant Jobs in Canada:
- Sell postal products and services to businesses and the general public.
- Sort, distribute, and process mail according to the appropriate categories.
- Provide information and forms to customers.
- Address delivery and service issues to swiftly and thoroughly resolve problems.
Qualifications for Post Office Assistant Jobs in Canada:
- A high school diploma or provincial equivalent and/or business administration experience are required.
- Training or experience interacting with customers in a retail and/or service setting, including sales and cash transactions.
- Knowledge of general accounting or postal accounting systems.
- Physically able to lift up to 50-pound mail containers, push or drag boxes, sort mail, and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to be on-call and available for impermanent work
The optimal candidate should reside in the neighborhood. As needed, applicants within a 50-kilometer radius of the post office may be considered.
Selected candidates will be required to undergo a security screening as part of the selection procedure.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be deemed safety Sensitive and is subject to additional requirements under Canada Post’s Substance Use Policy.
Canada Post will represent the diversity of Canada and provide a secure and inclusive workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and welcome applications from women, indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
The term “disability” refers to a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability encompasses both visible and invisible conditions and/or limitations that can affect vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental, or psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising, or reporting to their immediate family or close personal relations, either directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy. If you believe you may have a real or potential Conflict of Interest in relation to this job opening, you must notify the designated Human Resources representative.
Check Also: Government Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
Starting with the hiring procedure, Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. If Canada Post contacts you about an employment opportunity, please indicate if you have any restrictions that must be accommodated. All accommodation-related information received will be kept strictly confidential.
Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education or experience based on your application materials. We appreciate everyone who applies. Only those applicants selected for further review will be contacted.
Our signature behaviors
We have the authority to make decisions, challenge the status quo with respect, and encourage others to do the same.
Know the destination: We comprehend Canada Post’s strategy and objectives, as well as how we contribute to them, and we explore new approaches with an open mind. Deliver for others: We take pride in doing our best, demonstrate concern for others, and support and encourage them to realize their full potential.
We contribute to the strength of Canada by celebrating who we are, the communities we serve, and the issues that matter.
Our Values have three components: “We matter as individuals, to one another, and to our nation.”
- Every day, I work to earn the trust of others, and I have faith that my safety and well-being are everyone’s top priorities.
- We perform our best tasks when we have mutual trust.
- We recognize that the trust of Canadians must be earned with every decision and interaction.
- I recognize that respect is the cornerstone of a productive workplace.
- As colleagues, we respect one another and treat one another as we would like to be treated.
- Respecting our country and the communities we serve, we recognize our responsibility to be a force for positive change.
- I challenge myself to deliver securely every day because my work is important.
- We are a network of individuals whose accomplishments and contributions unite us.
- Delivering a stronger Canada for Canadians is central to our mission.
For More Info:
Email Your CV, and We’ll Find the Best Pathway For you: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Also Ask:
How much do post office assistants make in Canada?
The average post office assistant salary in Canada is $35,256 per year or $18.08 per hour.
What is the role of a post office assistant?
Duties could include sorting, metering, and distributing mail. Operating computer shipping systems and using peripheral equipment in the management information system may be requirements.
What is the post office assistant?
Help users in post office and post office counters in shops. Understanding the needs of consumers and explaining services you will need good math skills and good communication skills. You can develop in a large branch in a position, or become Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager.
Rohma possesses a deep understanding of the education system and is well-versed in various academic disciplines. Her extensive experience allows her to provide invaluable guidance to students of all ages, from high school students exploring their interests to college graduates seeking career advancement.