Icon Group is thrilled to announce that numerous visa sponsorship opportunities are currently available for AHPRA-registered pharmacists to join our organization in a variety of locations across Australia, including the scenic coastal locations of Port Macquarie and Kempsey (NSW), the charming Northern Rivers region of Lismore (NSW), and the vivid natural coastal beauty of Whyalla (SA). You have access to world-renowned beaches and surf spots, arts and music culture, quaint cafes, and hinterland footpaths.
If you are a fully qualified, AHPRA-registered pharmacist seeking to progress and advance your career in Australia, we would like to speak with you. We have openings for leadership, oncology, clinical, hospital, and operational positions.
Understanding Role of Hospital Pharmacist Jobs
Hospital pharmacists are very important in healthcare situations because they make sure that patients use their medicines safely and effectively. Their jobs include giving out meds, giving information about drugs to doctors and nurses, and keeping an eye on how patients are doing. In Australia, hospital pharmacists are part of a team of people from different fields who work together to improve patient care.
The Growing Demand for Hospital Pharmacist Jobs in Australia
Because Australia’s population is getting older and health care is getting more complicated, more people are looking for pharmacies. This trend is likely to continue and beyond, giving skilled professionals a lot of job opportunities.
Benefits of Hospital Pharmacist Jobs in Australia
- Important Healthcare Function: Pharmacists in hospitals perform a vital role in the healthcare system. They are accountable for ensuring the safe and effective use of medications in a hospital setting, which impacts patient outcomes directly.
- Job Protection: The demand for pharmacists remains robust, particularly in hospital settings. Due to the continuous need for pharmaceutical expertise in healthcare, job security is frequently high.
- Competitive Income: In addition to competitive salaries, hospital pharmacists may have access to health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for continuing education.
- Diverse Job Possibilities: Hospital pharmacists can work in a variety of hospital departments, including clinical pharmacy, medication management, and drug information. This diversity enables pharmacists to discover a specialty that matches their interests and expertise.
- Patient Communication: Frequently, hospital pharmacists interact directly with patients to provide medication counseling and education. This can be personally rewarding and has a positive effect on patient care.
- Professional Progress: There are opportunities for professional growth and development for hospital pharmacists, as the field of pharmacy is continuously evolving. They can pursue advanced degrees and certifications to specialize in fields such as critical care, infectious diseases, and pediatrics.
- Group Cooperation: Being a member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team can be professionally enriching for hospital pharmacists. They collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible patient care.
- Patient Assurance: By verifying drug orders, identifying potential interactions or errors, and ensuring proper medication administration, hospital pharmacists play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of medications.
- Research Possibilities: In certain hospital contexts, pharmacists can contribute to advances in pharmaceutical knowledge and patient care by participating in clinical research and drug trials.
- Standard of living: Numerous hospital pharmacies offer regular working hours and the possibility of a healthy work-life balance, making it an attractive career option for those who value stability and predictability.
- Respect and Acknowledgement: Respect is accorded to hospital pharmacists for their knowledge and contributions to the healthcare system. Frequently, they are acknowledged for their contributions to patient care and safety.
- Potential for Leadership: There may be opportunities for seasoned hospital pharmacists to assume leadership positions within the pharmacy department, such as director of pharmacy or clinical manager.
About Hospital Pharmacist Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship
Epic Pharmacy in Melbourne Full-Time
- Join a nationwide network of pharmacies located in both public and private institutions.
- Multiple Australian locations offer skilled employer-sponsored regional visa sponsorship opportunities for AHPRA-registered pharmacists!
Are you in Australia with a working or tourist visa? We are excited to announce that opportunities for pharmacists pursuing visa sponsorship are now available in regional New South Wales and South Australia.
Port Macquarie / Kempsey
Working onsite at NSW Health Public Hospitals in the scenic Mid-North Coast region of NSW, relocating to Port Macquarie represents a long-term career opportunity that will expand your skills and experience. This position will rotate between our two cutting-edge hospitals, Port Macquarie Base Hospital and Kempsey District Hospital.
The Port Macquarie Base Hospital is a level five facility with 228 beds, a 24-hour Emergency Department, and a variety of specialist services, including intensive care, cardiology, geriatrics, rheumatology, stroke, respiratory, oncology, renal dialysis, general medicine, orthopedics, urology, vascular, general surgery, mental health, pediatrics, and obstetrics.
The Kempsey District Hospital is a level three facility with 81 beds, a level four 24-hour Emergency Department, and a variety of specialized services, including high dependency, general medicine, surgical day procedures, obstetrics, drug and alcohol, mental health, renal dialysis, and rehabilitation.
In North-Eastern New South Wales, a position in Lismore will present opportunities to collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams at St. Vincent’s Hospital, an acute surgical, medical, rehabilitation, and palliative care private hospital offering an extensive array of hospital services.
Whyalla, South Australia
Desire a “sea change” in South Australia, where the outback meets the ocean? This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and assume responsibility for providing modern, patient-centered pharmacy services. Gain clinical experience while collaborating with an expert team of local staff and physicians.
Who are we?
Epic Pharmacy is one of the foremost specialty pharmacy providers in Australia. We provide hospitals and their patients with medication management and pharmacy services of the highest caliber. Epic provides innovative medication management solutions to hospitals and oncology facilities, supported by clinical excellence and a dedication to customer service.
We are a proud member of Icon Group, Australia’s foremost cancer care provider. Our dedication to our employees is on par with our dedication to our patients and clients.
We can offer you:
- Visa sponsorship and assistance with the nomination procedure
- Flexible and accommodating workplace
- Valued rewards and acknowledgment program
- Professional and individual growth
- A variety of clinical and non-clinical education programs are available.
- Fitness provides access to health and wellness programs. Passport
- Employee Support Program
- A challenging, inspiring, and rewarding position throughout Australia
Who are we looking for?
- Currently registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Highly motivated and ardent
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Concentrated on providing superior patient care.
How To Apply For Hospital Pharmacist Jobs in Australia?
- Please include a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re interested in joining Icon Pharmacy Group and why you’re a perfect fit for a position with our organization.
- Icon Group values diversity and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
COVID-19 Health Requirement for Hospital Pharmacist Jobs
Icon is committed to mitigating the transmission risk of certain vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs), including COVID-19. Certain positions may require candidates to provide proof that they have been immunized against or are not susceptible to certain VPDs.
In the end, hospital pharmacist jobs in Australia that offer visa support are a great way to grow professionally and personally. With the right skills and a well-thought-out plan, you can go on a fun adventure Down Under.
For More Info:
Email Your CV, and We’ll Find the Best Pathway For you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can a foreigner become a pharmacist in Australia?
The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) administers an examination to overseas-educated pharmacists from nations other than New Zealand who want general registration in Australia.
Can I move to Australia as a pharmacist?
The VISA permits pharmacists to remain as well as work in Australia indefinitely. The VISA also gives pharmacists the ability to sponsor family members to Australia If they’re qualified you can make a citizenship application.
How do I work as a hospital pharmacist in Australia?
To become a practicing hospital pharmacist, individuals need to complete a pharmacy degree at a university. A pharmacist must then obtain a provisional registration and complete 1,824 hours of supervised practice under an internship.
Rohma possesses a deep understanding of the education system and is well-versed in various academic disciplines. Her extensive experience allows her to provide invaluable guidance to students of all ages, from high school students exploring their interests to college graduates seeking career advancement.